Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Don't forget to VOTE!


I can only assume that no one has scrolled down to see that I have a poll for Avarie's Halloween costume for 2006. I am the only one who voted. There are only 13 days left for the poll so get on it! The choices are nun, ladybug, cowgirl, or pirate.


My theory is that this will be the last year that I can decide what I want her to be and it needs to be something over-the-top hilarious! Her first Halloween in 2005 she was a flower. I decided she needed a girlie costume since people kept calling her a him. Baby flower costumes are found everywhere, it is a very common choice. Halloween 2005 was not that over-the-top hilarious. Cute, but not hilarious. So after talking it over with various friends and family we decided 2006 needed to be kicked up a notch. She was walking now and toddling around and we new we just had to make it above and beyond a costume you would see at Walmart or Target. My best friend thought it would be great to put her in a burlap sack, paint her green and call her Yoda. Then my husband decided to elaborate on it and thought it would be funny to dress himself as Obi Wan Kenobi and carry "Yoda" on his back. Just like in the movie!

No. Not gonna happen. First of all Yoda is an old man, I think, and secondly I will not torture my child and put her in a burlap sack. However, I am a woman of compromise so I met them half way with the Star Wars theme and Avarie transformed into Princess Leia. Fully equipped with honey buns and a white robe. The wig and robe were delicately hand-sewn by a world-renowned seamstress. haha You can check out a pic of Avarie as Princess Leia above.

Like I said, I think this year needs to definitely be hilarious, and maybe not very politically correct. So go down to the bottom of the page and select your vote.




No comments: