Saturday, October 6, 2007

Consumer Advice

Well, my day pretty much consisted of me being pissed off all day about my terrible restaurant experience. I will go ahead and say it now, DON'T EVER EAT AT THE OYSTER CAFE IN KENNESAW! YOU WILL HATE THE WORLD FOR THE NEXT 24 HOURS AFTERWARDS!

I have been a waitress before and I know for a fact that most managers will comp a ticket without a problem. If it means keeping a customer happy, it means keeping a business running.

I have a serious problem when any business doesnt feel the need to value its customers and be grateful towards them. Apparently the Oyster Cafe (formerly the Oyster King) is trying to become public enemy#1.

Don't go there if you expect to be treated fairly, if you expect good service, if you expect a family -friendly environment, or for god's sake if you expect waitresses that showers.... don't go there.

If you do decide to go there, flip 'em a bird for me.

On another note....I decided I need to start valuing time apart from Avarie. Jesus knows how much I love her to death but I have a major case of mommy-guilt and I have got to break free from this curse.

I have not allowed myself to have any independence from her since she has been on this earth. In a way I feel this shows how devoted of a mother I am and how loving I am toward her. In another way I feel like I am not valuing myself and my need for a break every couple of years.

Even the 2 times I have been apart from her, all I did was stress out and worry. I feel like part of me is gone when she is gone. I have formed an identity through Avarie. She has swollowed me whole and I need to find myself again and my independence.

The kick-off date for my search to find myself again will be on October 26. I will retreat to the mountains and confide in my girlfriends to help me regain my desire to have fun.

I was going to feel guilty about not taking her along, but Paul reminded me that he as a father is ready and willing to take over for the weekend. And I deserve it dammit. I haven't been without my daughter and husband simultaneously in 2 years and I NEED A BREAK!

God knows I love them both but I deserve a break and I'm gonna take one.

And one more thing....What happens at the cabin, STAYS at the cabin!