Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bloggaphobia

It will become very obvious as you read my blog that I am new to this. For as many years as blogging has been "cool" this is the first time I have attempted to write one.

Let me start by introducing myself...I am 23, my name is Stacey, I live in Kennesaw GA. I have a 2 year old daughter named Avarie whom I adore with everything that I have. I am about to start nursing school next week, Oct. 3rd to be exact! I have been on a journey to be a nurse for quite some time now, so I am ecstatic that the time has finally come!

My husband Paul and I got married in 2006. Our one year anniversary will be October 15 of this year. Our wedding was a bit unconventional as was the timing of my pregnancy. We had every intention of having a smallish, but normal wedding ceremony in the springtime with all of our nearest and dearest to attend. Our reception was going to be a block away from our ceremony site where our friends and I would celebrate into the wee hours of the night.

I have a tendency to get a wild hair up my ars on occasion and my wedding goes to show it. Low and behold Vegas Vacation 2006! The day before our trip out to sin city, my future hubby and I decide to throw all the planning and preparation out the window for the sake of spontaneity and tie the knot the impulsive way!

Elvis, acting as the proud father giving his youngest daughter away, decided to serenade my husband and I, as he walked me down the aisle. Love Me Tender has never sounded so sweet.

Anyway, I am married and will celebrate my 1 year anniversary next month!

Sorry I got carried away on the wedding details. I will post pics of both the ceremony and the trip. The honeymoon pics are a little to be desired as it was cloudy and rainy most of the time we were in the Bahamas. I guess the weather was an indicator of how my mood would be during our vacation. Poor Paul... I can't help it when "Aunt Flow" ironically comes to town while we are honeymooning.

That is something else about me...I am extremely moody. Not like bipolar moody, although my family and friends probably secretly think that about me since the ones I love the most usually get the brunt of the attitude. I usually try to apologize promptly when I regain my sanity and realize the damage that my moodswings have caused. I blame it on the hormones. No, it's not an excuse...it's scientific! A woman's menstrual cycle causes a rapid fluctuation in hormones which makes us harmful to mankind.

Once again...Poor Paul. He practically has to walk on eggshells half of the time. I was this way before we got married though, so all I gots to say is "sorry sucka" haha!

When I was pregnant, all we did was play poker, Texas Hold 'Em to be exact. My winning streak was untouchable. Left and right I was taking home bar cash from the local bars that held free tournaments (which was of no use to me, except to eat some free chicken tenders and fries on occasion). I was convinced that my unborn child was my good luck charm since the second she popped out I couldnt play poker to save my life. I've even tried sitting her at the table with me to see if her presence will affect my playing but all she did was reveal my cards to everyone. Some say it is the influence of alcohol that has blurred my judgement at the poker table, but I'd rather blame it on the kid.

Obviously, one of my problems with blogging is the fact that I dont know where to end. I would just keep rambling all day and on the same topic (with a million little sub-topics in it) but I guess I should just end it here and hope that this first entry provided a little insight into the world of Stacey.

2 comments:

Irish James said...

I think your problem with playing poker is that you no longer seek playing advice from your big brother.

When you do that, you will be a championship player once again.

Sonny Harding said...

Avarie and womanly cycles! Two of my favorite things to read about. Keep it coming!